Thursday, October 04, 2007

HORSES, INJURIES AND CLARIFICATION

Yesterday at horse lessons the girl behind you got kicked by another horse that bucked. Her leg got broke from the kick.
I came to pick you up after the trail ride and you were visibly upset. The girl finally came out of the trail 10 minutes after the rest being led. When they got her off the horse her pant leg was soaked in blood. You were standing right there watching her. You were very concerned for her.
Even 30 minutes later after we had left you were fighting back tears. Seeing her screaming in pain effected you heavily.
I tried to reassure you that the girl would be fine. She would not be in pain by the end of the day after she took some medicine and had the cast on.
Then of course you were concerned about the horse too. I couldn't figure out why at first. The horse wasn't hurt.
You told me that whenever a horse broke a leg it had to be put down.
I tried not to laugh as I explained that a horse is put down when it breaks its own leg, not when it breaks a person's leg.
I'm not sure you believed me though.

Labels: